Regular Price: $699.00
After Mail-In Rebate: $499.00
The SiriusXM Aviation Receiver is no longer available. Looking for an alternative? Check out the Garmin GDL™ 51 and the Garmin GDL™ 52 SiriusXM receivers for all your in-flight weather needs.
With the SXAR1 receiver, Pilots using an iPad or iPhone with the ForeFlight Mobile app can view SiriusXM Aviation in-flight weather and data delivered via satellite to monitor storm fronts, track lightning strikes, TAFs, METARs, winds and more. SiriusXM Radio can also be added at a discount. Subscriptions sold separately.
• The SXAR1 portable aviation receiver delivers SiriusXM Aviation weather and GPS position to the ForeFlight Mobile app on your iPad or iPhone via Bluetooth®.
• Command and control signals from the iPad or iPhone are sent to the receiver over the same Bluetooth connection.
• The compatible ForeFlight Mobile app, version 9.3, is available on the iTunes App Store and is installed on an iPad or iPhone to access SiriusXM Aviation service
• The WSI Pilotbrief Optima app is also available on the iTunes App Store and supports SiriusXM Aviation and SiriusXM Audio service.
Learn More about SiriusXM Aviation.
Follow these steps to get started:
- Purchase the Aviation Receiver
- Download the compatible ForeFlight Mobile app, V.9.3
- Activate the Pilot For ForeFlight subscription package online or call 1-855-838-8563 to activate the SXAR1 and subscribe to Aviation Weather and SiriusXM Radio services. See Details below.
• The Portable Receiver delivers SiriusXM Aviation weather and GPS position to the ForeFlight Mobile app on your iPad or iPhone via Bluetooth®
• The receiver also delivers SiriusXM Radio, available at a reduced rate when added to the Aviation Plan
• Command and control signals from the iPad are sent to the receiver over the same Bluetooth connection
• The compatible ForeFlight Mobile app version 9.3 is available on the iStore for the iPad or iPhone to access SiriusXM Aviation service
• Small size fits into your flight bag for easy portability and placement on the dash
• Internal SiriusXM and GPS with antennas and connector for optional remote antenna
• GPS/WAAS embedded receiver
• Rechargeable internal battery enables completely wireless operation in flight. Up to 6 hours battery life with a full charge under normal usage conditions*
• Includes SXAR1 Receiver, AC Power Adapter, and USB Charging Cable
These optional accessories are available online at sportys.com/pilotshop:
• Ram X-Grip Suction Cup Mount #5457A is available at Sporty's
• External GPS antenna Garmin GA 25MCX is available at Sporty's
Dimensions: 5.0 in (width) x 1.2 in (height) x 2.7 in (depth) 128.7 mm (width) x 30.5 mm (height) x 69.4 mm (depth)
Weight: 1 Oz
AC Power Adapter Input: 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 0.5 A
USB Cable: 3.3 ft (1 meter)
AC Power Adapter Output: 5 VDC, 2 A
AC Power Adapter Dimensions: 1.6 in (width) x 2.9 in (height) x 1.1 in (depth) 41 mm (width) x 73 mm (height) x 28 mm (depth)
- Product Warranty & Support